Monday, September 28, 2009

Study Options:

Whatever the level, institutions based in London has the right course for you, delivered through centres of excellence in every field. You are provided with wide choice of study options means you will get an education tailored to your individual needs.

Postgraduate study and MBAs:
You can head start your career with a UK postgraduate degree or MBA (Master of Business Administration). Most of the Postgraduate Courses offered in the UK, last just one year, giving you a competitive edge compare to study in USA/Canada or Australia. The UK is a world-leader in innovation and many university facilities are state-of-the-art. Followings are some of the fields of study that institutions offer in London.

Some of the favourite
Postgraduate Courses in London:
Creative Arts And Design
English Language
Computing And Mathematical Science
Engineering And Technology
Business And Administrative Studies
Travel, Tourism And Leisure
Applied And Pure Sciences
Social Sciences And Communications
Agriculture And Related Subjects
Health And Medicine
Architecture, Building And Planning

Undergraduate Study
Institutions based in London have world class undergraduate programmes offered in vast array of academic & professional fields. Some of the fields are given as follows;

Some of the favourite Undergraduate Courses in London:
Creative Arts And Design
English Language
Computing And Mathematical Science
Engineering And Technology
Business And Administrative Studies
Travel, Tourism And Leisure
Applied And Pure Sciences
Social Sciences And Communications
Agriculture And Related Subjects
Health And MedicineArchitecture, Building And Planning

Vocational & Pre-University:
British Education emphasis on building vocational or career based qualification. Many institutions in London offer wide variety of qualifications that have been accepted as international currency in the workplace. Institutions in London also offer pre-university qualification e.g., for those with no formal qualification but like to gain access to the university degree. There are plenty of reasons for choosing to study a career-based or pre-university qualification in the UK. A-levels, BTEC National Diplomas and NVQs are recognised and respected all over the world as quality vocational and pre-university programmes. Some of the qualifications are as follows;

Vocational & Pre-University :
GCSE and Equivalent
A/AS Level
Vocational & BTEC
Access & Foundation
Foundation degrees

Study English Language:
London is the capital of English language training providers. You can view a list of the providers by clicking the weblink below;

Visa information:
New student immigration system launched on 31st March’09 in UK, (PBS), Points-based system-Tier 4 which aims to simplify application process.The aim of the tier 4 immigration service is to provide a more user-friendly, transparent route to studying in the UK. There are three categories of student visa that you will be able to apply for. Each category has its own separate set of criteria that must be satisfied.

General student:
This category includes students studying in Britain at or above degree level in a publicly funded institution, or engaging in more than 15 hours of study per week. In this category you are permitted to work for 20 hours each week during term time and full-time during holiday periods. If you have any dependants they will be able to join you.

School student:
This category includes students in full time study at an independent school up to the age of 18. Working hours are the same as the general student category but dependents are not permitted.

Working student:
This category caters to students on work experience courses or placements. Working hours will be the same as the other two categories and dependants will be permitted in instances where the principal applicant will be in the country in excess of 12 months.

Further explanations:
If you are studying at degree level or above, you can stay for the full duration of your course, up to four years.

If your course is longer than four years, you can apply for a UK Visa Extension to finish your course.

If you are studying below degree, your Student Visa will allow you to stay for up to three years.

It is important that students should read and research the visa requirements. UK Student visa is easy & straightforward for genuine students looking to study in the UK.

The new student route under the points based system introduces five key changes to the current system. Adult students applying to study abroad in the UK must:

* Have a proven track record in studying before coming to the UK.
* Have recognised qualifications equivalent to National Qualification Framework (NQF) in the UK education system.
* Produce evidence of sufficient funds to pass a maintenance test.
* Produce documents used to obtain an offer from the university or college sponsoring, such as qualification certificates.

To be able to travel to the United Kingdom as a general student after the end of March 2009, adult students must pass a points-based assessment and score 40 points.

Visa letter from education provider = 30 pointsMaintenance fees to cover course fees and living expenses = 10 points.

What is a visa letter?
It is an offer letter from your education provider who is your immigration sponsor, including information about you, your sponsor, the course, and your finances.

What is a licensed sponsor?
The licensed sponsor is the university or college you have chosen to enrol with. Global Visas have extensive partnerships with many schools, colleges and universities on the tier 4 register of sponsors. Find the tier 4 licensed sponsor list by clicking the link below;

Working while you study:
Unlike a UK visit visa, or travel visa application, applicants for study permits may take part-time or holiday work but must not engage in the following:

* Work for more than 20 hours a week during term time (except in vacation periods), unless it is a work placement and part of a study program and the educational institution agrees.
* Conduct business, be self-employed, or provide services as a professional sports person or entertainer.
* Work full-time in a permanent job.

Depending on what you have studied, if you want to stay on in the United Kingdom once you have successfully got your qualification, you may be eligible to switch to the Tier 1 - Post-Study Work visa.

The Post-Study Work category of the Tier 1 visa is designed as a transitional route to allow the most talented non-EEA nationals graduating from UK universities to transfer into a work or business visa.

The Post-Study Work visa replaces both the previous International Graduates Scheme (IGS) and the Fresh Talent: Working in Scotland Scheme, allowing successful applicants to transfer into any other tier 1 visa category under the Points Based System, if they can meet the specific requirements of that category.

Post-Study Work visa holders will also be able to transfer into tier 2, which replaces the previous system of UK work permits.

Spouse and Dependent Immigration:
Spouse immigration is only permitted for married partners and unlike a Fiance visa or UK De Facto visa, often known as an unmarried partner visa, your common-law or conjugal partner is not allowed to join you.

Married partners will be granted leave to remain for a period equal to that granted to the student. During this time, they must be able to support themselves either independently or with the help of the applicant.

It is important that you research the visa requirements necessary for studying in the UK. For comprehensive and up-to-date information on students visas for the UK visit the UKCISA, the British Council or UK Visas websites.

Scholarships & Funding:
There are varieties of scholarships available for international students. Many scholarships only cover postgraduate degrees; others cover courses fees for specific subjects; while some are only available for specific institutions.

Some scholarships & funding are merit based and others are a part tuition fee waiver.

If you require financial assistance to invest in your potential, you can research the links below to find scholarship information available to students from your country wishing to study in the UK.

* British Council UK scholarship information: search an online database with hundreds of awards from UK universities, charities and professional bodies.
* Visit your chosen university's website to discover if they can provide you with a scholarship to study in the UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment